Thursday, July 31, 2008

Wisdom: Knowledge of Witty Inventions

Doth not Wisdom cry? and understanding put forth her voice?
She standeth in the top of high places, by the way in the places of the paths.
She crieth at the gates, at the entry of the city, at the coming in at the doors.
Unto you, O people, I call; and my voice is to you.

O ye simple, understand Wisdom: and, ye fools, be ye of an understanding heart.
Hear; for I will speak of excellent things;
and the opening of my lips shall be right things.
For my mouth shall speak truth; and wickedness is an abomination to my lips.
Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold.


For Wisdom is better than rubies;
and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.
I, Wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.
Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength.
Proverbs 8


Photos: Further progress on an embroidered prayer cloth that I first posted here back in May.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.

I'm intrigued by the symbolism in the prayer cloth. Circles and swirls, the blue like water, the red like flame. You are incredibly talented.

St Edwards Blog said...

A lovely mix of words and images. Thank you.

I just signed up for my first graduate level course in theology. The sister who runs the school is a CSJ here in Albany and it made me think of you.

Pax to you!
Fran